Stephen is the firm principal and is responsible for the day to day running of the business.
His career in Financial Services started almost 20 years ago, initially with a large Employee Benefits Consultancy before moving into regulated financial advice. Stephen is an experienced adviser providing relationship-based financial planning advice to both private and corporate clients.
He is a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society, the highest qualification that can be obtained through the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). Less than 10% of regulated financial advisers in the UK hold this qualification. Stephen is also a Chartered Financial Planner through the CII.
Being a Chartered Financial Planner brings with it serious obligations. Stephen is required to ensure that the advice, service and ongoing support he provides is of the highest quality and based on the client’s researched needs. He must also adhere to the CII Code of Ethics and continuing professional development requirements.
He is also a Pension Transfer Specialist, which allows him to provide bespoke advice on complex areas of pension planning, such as final salary transfers.
In addition, Stephen is also a qualified Mortgage, Equity Release and Long Term Care adviser and satisfies the FCAs appropriate qualification requirements for those managing client investments.
Furthermore, he also holds the Retirement Provision Diploma awarded by the Pensions Management Institute.
Stephen lives in Sale, Cheshire with his wife and three young daughters and enjoys a round of golf in his spare time.
Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (FPFS)
Chartered Financial Planner
Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning:
- AF1 Personal Tax and Trust Planning
- AF3 Pension Planning
- AF4 Investment Planning
- AF5 Financial Planning Process
Diploma in Financial Planning:
- R01 Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics
- R02 Investment Principles and Risk
- R03 Personal Taxation
- J02 Trusts
- J04 Pension Funding Options
- J05 Pension Income Options
Retirement Provision Diploma:
- PMI A Introduction to Retirement Provision
- PMI B Taxation
- PMI C Pension Arrangements
- PMI D Law and Constitution
- PMI E Design and Administration
Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Equity Release:
- CF6 Mortgage Advice
- ER1 Equity Release
Award in Pensions Update:
Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management:
- J10 Discretionary Investment Management
Certificate in Financial Planning and Long-Term Care Insurance
- CF1 UK Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics
- CF2 Investment and Risk
- CF3 Financial Protection
- CF4 Retirement Planning
- CF5 Integrated Financial Planning
- CF8 Long Term Care Insurance
Certificate in Financial Services / Certificate in Life and Pensions
- FA1 Life Office Administration
- FA2 Pensions Administration
- GR1 Group Risk
- IF7 Healthcare Insurance Products